Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hubpages Experiment: Day 6

I am sorry for the long delay. I know I had promised another update soon and I took to long. The truth is that not a lot has happened over the last couple days. Sadly, my adsense income stays at $2.90. I really wish that I had big news, like I was already up to $10, but it just didn't happen. But, I realize that it will take time, patience, and a whole lot of backlinks before I really start earning... but it is tough to see that I have not been able to muster up even one click over the last 4 days. Oh well, I will try to stay positive and do everything I can to hit the goals I set for myself.

After 6 full days on hubpages I have 11 published hubs (2 of which I wrote over the last two days, and just published this afternoon...), and one hub in the works.

One of the strategies I am going to try out is writing longer (5000+ words) articles and breaking them into separate hubs and connecting them to each other with backlinks.

For example, in my last two articles I wrote about making money like its your job: the beginners guide to passive income and create passive income through investing: learning how to create you first financial portfolio. I treated the making money like its your job article as the main article along with a link to the article about creating passive income through investing. I am hoping this will improve the number of readers I get to both... I guess we will see. I feel like the content is pretty good, but my readership is still pretty low. Sadly, the only way to increase page views is through backlinks... which really sucks, because creating backlinks is the only part of writing/blogging that I really despise (though, it appears to be a necessary evil.

If anyone out there has any suggestions to increase site traffic without having to create so many of your own backlinks I would certainly appreciate any advice you have to offer. thank you...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Share this page: del.icio.us
Furl
Google
ma.gnolia
Netscape
Netvouz
RawSugar
reddit
Shadows
Simpy
Sphinn
StumbleUpon
Yahoo MyWeb
Social Bookmarking